Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Mother



I always did think my mother was the smartest women I knew, or at least had the most common sense. As a kid and even as an adult, my mother to me, is amazing.

 My mother and I share a genetic depression. A problem which haunts me every day. Some days are much better than others, but some days, its hard just to get out of bed in the morning. How could a woman who felt so much pain do all the things that my mother has done? She earned the district award in mathematics when she graduated high school, graduated early from college while working a job, got her master's degree in business while raising me, and somehow raised my sister and I after going through a divorce that nearly destroyed us all. I thought I would never see my mother truly happy again, but not only did she survive, she got remarried to a good man and less then a year later on her 50th Birthday, she started a bike trip across America. At 50! I have experienced the same pain that she feels from this depression and I have no idea how she does the things she does every day. Yet even with all she goes through has always been there for me with my problems. And I'm just going to bring this up again because it floors me! Who do you know that can bike across America at the age of 50?! My mother is amazing. If she still believes in a God and can do all the things she does- survived the divorce that nearly killed us all, there has got to be something bigger keeping her going. There must be something good in this world worth living for, fighting for, and striving for. 

This one is for my mother and hopefully for all of you out there who had mothers who loved you and stuck by you no matter how badly you screwed up. I love my mother and I believe because of her.

Happy Mother's Day <3

Left to Right: My Mother, my sister Suzanne, and Me on the Bottom

1 comment:

  1. aww that's really sweet.... your mom sounds like a really strong soul.

    ReplyDelete