Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Recovering from being Sick

I don't mean from something really serious, but that does happen. I just mean from having something like a wicked flu. I've been unlucky the last few months. I've had the flu, had a bad reaction to a prescription, and had an infection in a cyst buried deep under my skin. None of these things were my fault. I did everything right but I was still sick. When I was having side effects from the prescription, my bad pounded, my eyes were blurry, I felt dizzy and nauseous, and disoriented. I was even having problems with simple memories. When sick sometimes we hurt so much that we almost wish we were dead. I just wanted the pain to stop so bad. I just got so damn tired of fighting it. You just want it to stop. It seems like it will never end...

But it does. It really does go away. Just days later- it all disappears. Its like it never happened. I'm back to my old self. It's strange, where did the pain all go? Not that I miss it, not at all. But I feel almost, suspicious... that something that had so much power over my body could just leave without a trace.

Our bodies have amazing abilities. No matter how sick we feel, or drained of energy, it is possible to overcome. Our bodies are a great work of art and engineering. But our minds and souls are stronger. If we can will then to survive, our bodies recover. I have always believed that there are circumstances under which we are given a choice- a choice to live or die. Sometimes there is too much life left in us, and we can fight death. But sometimes we are simply, done. For the eternal amount of experience that life offers, no human being can handle all of it. Our bodies are limited as is even our souls perhaps? I believe that evolution did a marvelous job on our bodies. And I think God created evolution so that our bodies could evolve to the best they were able to. This includes our minds. We evolved to work together, to love each other because it was the best chance of survival we had. To work together. 

But back to the part about being healthy again. Having been recently sick and having recovered, the fact that we can bounce back from such a loss of control, helps me to believe that there is something grandeur looking out for us. Something that evolved us to be able to heal thousands of years ago. Its been looking out for us, for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment